Thursday, October 15, 2009

How To Get Jennifer Lopez Hairstyle

How To Get Jennifer Lopez Hairstyle. Jennifer Lopez has been known to rock some exotic curls and trendy hairstyles and last month at the VMA's she took on a gorgeous braided ponytail. The braided look is definitely in this season and if you want to steal her look hair stylist Ken Paves shows us how.



I wanted to pull her hair back in the front for a clean, modern look with a bit of edge and texture. So, I did a modern yet retro take on the ponytail to go with her Louis Vuitton dress.

First, I pulled the hair together and secured it with a hooked elastic band before braiding it. I created a long braid down to the middle of her back, braiding the hair not totally air-dried to allow it to set. I braided it all the way to the bottom, smoothing my Ken Paves Healthy Hair Shine Serum ($30, ULTA) with the intention of partially unbraiding it. I hit it with my Ken Paves Professional Hair-Dryer ($100: ULTA) to dry and set it.

Just before she left, I added a Blax elastic 4 inches down from the top of the ponytail base to old the braid and then unbraided the rest of it for a great textured look.

This is an edgy, modern way to pulling hair tightly back –the braided pony base gives lift from the head and a sleek vibe combined with the explosion of texture in the pony! She loved it, and so did I.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails